19 Things You Might Not Know About Me
I wanted to take a quick break from the serious stuff and tell you a little more about me. Hopefully this give you some insight on where I’m coming from in some of my posts. Enjoy!
- I was born in Nigeria. My parent and I moved to the US when I was a little over a year old. I lived in Peabody, MA till I was 9 years old when I moved to Miami, FL. I lived in Miami till I graduated from high school.
- My first introduction to computers was playing snake on my dad’s Apple at his job. I always wondered how circuits somehow made the images and interactions I was seeing.
- I once got a beating for cutting our phone cord in an attempt to see how it worked.
Terminator 2 is my favorite movie of all time, hands down. The mix of action, human and robot interaction, desperation, and incredible visual effects mesmerized me as a kid.
- When I was 9, my parents separated and I moved to Miami with my dad. I lived with my father till college.
- I’m the oldest of 3 siblings.
- Top 3 candies: gummy bears, gummy worms, and Mambas.
- I love basketball. I haven’t played at all in 2016 however, which is a shame.
- Nigerian parents are really strict. I was never allowed to go to parties like my friends did in high school. I often jumped out of my bedroom window to sneak off.
- I’m a huge rap and hip hop fan. Nas is my favorite rapper.
- To this day, graduating from Georgia Tech is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
- If I didn’t have my cousins helping me out financially while I was in undergrad, I probably wouldn’t have made it out.
I didn’t realize pickles were cucumbers until my 20s.
- I’m the complete opposite of a foodie. I can literally eat the same thing every day for the rest of my life. I also eat food incredibly fast, so cooking has no value for me. It’s actually an activity I really despise.
- I love my friends, but I hate going out. I’d rather be at home. I somehow end up going out semi-frequently.
- I didn’t learn to swim until I was 26 years old.
- I sleep horribly. I wake up often thinking about why I’m not “successful” yet.
I’m a pretty cost-sensitive guy. I get it from my father. I hate being in debt. I hate spending a lot of money on anything.
- Speaking of things I get from my father…I have the WORST short term memory ever. More often than I’d like, I’ll lose my train of thought in the middle of a sentence and have to backtrack to regain it. My brother is the same way, but it seems to have skipped over my sister.
If you would like to participate/be interviewed for the blog, contact me at email@example.com.